Friday, July 10, 2009

What are we supposed to do?


A huge miscarriage of justice has taken place. In a matter of weeks, we will have a murderer walking among us. I'm having a hard time understanding how you can take a life in cold blood, law enforcement has an awesome case proving it, and the solicitors office won't even take it to trial. How can they call it self defense? How are my family and I supposed to feel when we see this guy walking the streets? How are we supposed to react if we end up behind him in the grocery store? Why should he be allowed to live his life when he didn't give Zack the option? Who decided that his life was much more valuable than my cousin's life?
Hearing this news not only brings shock, it feels as if we've lost Zack all over again. Our hearts were already broken, we didn't think we could hurt anymore...we were wrong. Since when does one man get to decide to just let someone go? Why do we even have a judicial system if one man is going to play God and make the decisions himself?
I miss him so much. Zack was like a brother to me. Over the years we had grown apart, and I didn't see him near as much as I would've liked to. Now I'll never have the chance to pick up where we left off. I just hope he knew how much I loved him. I thought we had all the time in the world, but now I know that your life can change in the blink of an eye. I was hoping that knowing the person who did this was in jail would give me some sort of closure-I thought it would help me start moving forward, even though I don't really want to.
What do we do now?

No comments:

Post a Comment